Thursday, December 31, 2009

Dream: `Paying For Theatre With A Dime`

78 pages of research :


The Dream: `Paying For Theatre With A Dime`

http://www.christian-forum.net/index.php?showtopic=29973&st=0&start=0



http://www.costumes.org/history/regency/boehn/heidloff1796A.JPG




The Dream: `Paying for theatre with a dime`



May 22, 2009, Friday



Sometime after midnight, I dreamed I assisted my daughter in

a late night chase on foot, to follow her potential husband to

be, into the streets to the theatre area.



My daughter in the dream was a Drew Barrymore, look-a-like.

One of my nieces in real life looks like Drew. The odd thing

was that we were both wearing fashion gowns from about

the era, that the dime was minted (1796).



We entered through cobbled streets and gothic arc over hangs,

where horse and buggies were seen transporting riders.



Again, we are both walking and quickly keeping up with following

this man, that I knew was living a secret life, behind my daughter's

back. We arrived at the theatre, we both handed the attendant

who was a female dressed in casual attire similar in fashion to

what we had on, a dime (shilling).



The attendant at the theatre took my dime, and returned my

daughter's dime to her. I knew in the dream, that the theatre

entry was the cost of a dime for two people to enter.



What woke me up, was the attendant questioned the type of

penny my daughter held in her hand, that my daughter had

in a hurry retrieved from her purse. (draw string type)



The attendant looked puzzled to why or how, my daughter

was carrying this `type` of penny ?



We never found out in the dream, what the proposed husband

was doing at this theatre, I woke up with a feeling of urgency to

get to the bottom of the matter, in behalf of my daughter.



The End.





excerpt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dime_(United_States_coin)

The dime is a coin worth ten cents or one tenth of a United States dollar. The dime is the smallest in diameter and the thinnest of all U.S. coins currently minted for circulation. The 32nd President, Franklin D. Roosevelt, is featured on the obverse of the current design, while a torch, oak branch, and olive branch covering the motto E pluribus unum are featured on the reverse. The dime's value is labeled as "one dime," since the term 'dime' also applies to a unit of currency worth 10 cents or 1/10 of a dollar.



The dime was commissioned by the Coinage Act of 1792, and production began in 1796. A feminine head representing Liberty was used on the front of the coin, and an eagle was used on the back. The front and back of the dime used these motifs for three different designs through 1837.

No comments:

Post a Comment